Our Special Education mission at Idalou ISD is to promote student achievement, provide individualized supports, and prepare all students to become successful and productive citizens.
Child Find is the process by which districts and public charter schools identify and locate children needing evaluation.
All children birth-21 with disabilities or suspected of having a disability, regardless of the severity of their disabilities, and who are in need of special education and related services, must be identified, located, and evaluated.
Who can be a part of Child Find?
• Any child age birth-21 with a disability or suspected of having a disability
• Anyone concerned about a child can contact the Child Find representative for additional information and next steps.
• Districts are responsible for finding all students, including those parentally placed in private schools, children who are homeschooled and children who are homeless.
• Public charter schools are responsible for finding all students, including those who become homeless during enrollment.
Disabilities & Services
• If a student qualifies for district/charter special education services, these services are provided at no cost.
• Children are evaluated to determine The presence of one or more of the Following disabilities:
• Physical Disability
• Deaf or Hard of Hearing • Visual Impairment
• Intellectual Disability
• Emotional Disturbance
• Speech and/or Language • Autism
• Health Impairment
• Traumatic Brain Injury
• Learning Disability
If you have any questions in regards to Special Education, please contact Amy Estrada, Special Education Director, at 806-892-1900 ext. 1116